Times when Usage of Miswaak is Sunnah
Hudhaifa (radi Allahu anhu) narrated: “Whenever the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) got up at night he used to clean his mouth (and teeth) with Siwaak.” [Sahih Bukhari]
Times when the usage of a Miswaak is Sunnah are:
1. For the recitation of the Quran.
2. For the recitation of Hadith.
3. When the mouth emits any odor.
4. For the learning or teaching of the virtues of Islam.
5. For making Dhikr (Remembrance of Allah).
6. After entering one’s home.
7. Before entering any good gathering.
8. When experiencing pangs of hunger or thirst.
9. When the signs of death are evident.
10. At the time of Sehri.
11. Before meals.
12. Before undertaking a journey.
13. On returning from a journey.
14. Before sleeping.
15. Upon awakening.