The garden has yielded fresh new potatoes, green peas and onions. It’s time to make potato salad! This recipe calls for homemade mayonnaise made with farm-fresh eggs, but I suppose if you don’t have your own chickens, you will have to be satisfied with store-bought variety.
New Potatoes and Pea Salad
- 1 pound (1/2 kilo) new potatoes, cooked and cut into cubes
- 1 cup fresh garden peas, cooked until tender
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 green-onions, diced and soaked in cold water *
- 2 tablespoon pickle relish
- 2 hard-boiled chopped eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- salt, pepper and cayenne
- finely sliced green-onion tops
Combine potatoes, peas, celery, parsley, pickle relish and eggs. Drain the water off onions and add to bowl. Fold in the mayonnaise and yogurt. Season with salt pepper, cayenne to taste. Sprinkle with paprika and onion tops.
* Soaking onions…
View original post 34 more words